Good teaching – there is more to it than a weekly lecture during the lecture period. As a university teacher, you have to face a multitude of challenges and demonstrate not only your professional but also your didactic skills and many other competencies. It is not uncommon for you to be exposed to unforeseen or difficult situations. In addition, the diversity of students demands variety in your teaching.
The workshop addresses teachers of all departments who would like to design their teaching in a didactically meaningful way. You will get an insight into the basics of didactics in higher education as well as suitable methods. You will also learn how to professionalize your course designs. The focus is on you as a teacher. Practical exercises will help you to reflect on your personal appearance as well as your teaching skills.
The workshop will enable you to develop your learning opportunities in a structured and student-oriented way. Together with other teachers, you will analyze your target group and discuss your teaching methods as well as external influences such as general conditions or trends in university teaching. In this way, you lay the basis for good teaching.
- Reflection on the role as a teacher
- Reflection on teaching skills
- Target group analysis
- Basics and concepts of teaching and learning
- Didactically meaningful planning and implementation of courses using analog and/or digital methods and tools
- Designing and presenting learning content in a way that is appropriate for the target group
- Motivation, activation and feedback of students
- Dealing with difficult situations
This workshop will be held in english.
The workshop is structured into two synchronous Zoom meetings of 3.5 hours each (total of 8 units) and an asynchronous phase in a learning management system in between (total of 4 units).
If desired, the workshop can be shortened and extended to include additional content and work units.